Sunday, February 19, 2012

Integrating asp.net application and reporting services

Hi,
I have just started using Reporting Services and found it pretty simpleto use. I, however, could not figure out how i can achieve thefollowing and will appreciate suggestions on this. I intend to generatethe reports on the fly depending upon the parameters the userenters.The reports are generated through a link on ASP.NET applicationpage. The user fills in the input and accordingly different reports aregenerated. So I want to ask how I can integrate the asp.net applicationand the reporting services.
Thanks
Ankur
You can use the renderbyurl method of Reporting Services. Check out books on line for RS about the various rendering extensions.|||

What should the approach for the problem described herehttp://forums.asp.net/973015/ShowPost.aspx...
try login in as testuser (pwd: dnntest) at this URLhttp://ser.senape.gov.bo/Testing/tabid/61/Default.aspx
Any help is appreciated.

|||I was never able to successfully use the URL approach without using the extensions only available in the expensive Enterprise edition. I used the SOAP approach instead as described quite thoroughly in Teo lachev's book "Microsoft Reporting Services In Action".|||Hi, thanks for your reply. I am using the render method to call thereport server through my application. But i am still facing one problemwhen I call the render method. I am not able to figure out what shouldbe the path of my report that I want to run, since the report is on aremote machine. what should my reportpath variable contain? Can yousuggest how i shld go about it?
thanks
Ankur
|||U have to create an rdl file (using XMLWriter Class) and then upload this file to the report server through code. And then u can view the reports. But a new report gets generated each time.|||reportPath is the folder path to the report (e.g. /My Reports/My Test Report). No URL information is included since that is derived from your web.config file when you instantiate your ReportServer.ReportingService Web method. Check the web.confg file and set the correct URL to the ReportingService key. Make sure that your application has the "URL Behavior" property set to "Dynamic" as well.|||Hi,
Thanks a lot for ur reply. It was a big help.
Ankur

No comments:

Post a Comment