Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Intermittent Connectivity issues though network is fine

Hi,

I am getting intermittent connectivity issues while connecting to a remote SQL Server 2000 database through the Enterprise Manager. It gives a time-out error

Initially I guessed it must be the network but then I was able to term-serv successfully into the remote server and work without any connectivity issues.

Any pointers how this is possible ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
-Ranjit S Hans.i think you have problem with the logging in.

to test this try to connect to this server using SQL Query analyzer and see if it gets connected instantly. If it's the case, there is something about the SQL Login you are using in app.

Hope this helps|||Thanks Wash. I had checked with my logins and they are fine. Also I dont see any issues with the server alias.

I have been thinking of increasing the timeout interval for the remote server.
Am wary to do it as it would need a restart of SQl services.

Any suggestions/workaround ?

Thanks,
-Ranjit

No comments:

Post a Comment