Friday, March 30, 2012

internal consistency error

I am getting the following error when I am trying to
restore a database/differential backup. Any ideas about
what is going on ' I can not do DBCC CHECKDB on the
production server. I will do it on the backup server if I
can restore it of course.
An internal consistency error occurred. Contact technical
support for assistance. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating
abnormally.
Thanks.Hi,
Could you please confirm that the SQL Server is up and running and the datab
ase in question is online.
And you are unable to run DBCC CHECKDB(<db name> )
On doing so what error you get? On running DBCC CHECKDB does it shows some i
nconsistency and allocation error on the second last line of output...
Also look for errors in the SQL Server error log for this database.
Regards
Abid|||Why can't you run checkdb on your production server?
Paul Randal
Dev Lead, Microsoft SQL Server Storage Engine
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Tony" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:f56601c43dca$1cce0b50$a501280a@.phx.gbl...
> I am getting the following error when I am trying to
> restore a database/differential backup. Any ideas about
> what is going on ' I can not do DBCC CHECKDB on the
> production server. I will do it on the backup server if I
> can restore it of course.
> An internal consistency error occurred. Contact technical
> support for assistance. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating
> abnormally.
> Thanks.|||Are you sure that you have a complete, valid .bak file?|||Production database is heavyly transaction oriented and I
don't want to run into performance issues while all the
users are in. The size of the DB is ~45 GB.
Thanks.

>--Original Message--
>Why can't you run checkdb on your production server?
>--
>Paul Randal
>Dev Lead, Microsoft SQL Server Storage Engine
>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
>"Tony" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:f56601c43dca$1cce0b50$a501280a@.phx.gbl...
I[vbcol=seagreen]
technical[vbcol=seagreen]
>
>.
>|||Yes I do. Actually, I am getting the error when I am
restoring the Differential backup. And NO, there is no
other backup after the differential backup.
I have the FULL backup from sunday and the differential
backup from last night. Both backups were completed
successfully.

>--Original Message--
>Are you sure that you have a complete, valid .bak file?
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment