Friday, March 30, 2012

Internal Error during Cube Processing

Hi,

for almost 3 Months my cubes got processed without errors.

Since last night, I get an error saying that (freely translated from german):

"Internal error: Unexpected error (File 'pffilestore.cpp', Row 3311, PFFileStore::HandleDataPageFault-Function)"

Nothing else.

Google has nothing to say to that.

Anybody gaining the same error or even a hint?

Thanks.

Are you running out of disk space by any chance?|||

Hi,

monitored this already. No Problem, more than 0.5TB left on HD space.

Thanks.

|||

I am also receiving the 3311 Internal Error message when trying to process my cube.

Cube processing was working fine for months, then at the end of April / beginning of May I started getting the following Internal Error: file 'pffilestore.cpp', line 3267, function 'PFFileStore::HandleDataPageFault'

I installed SQL Server 2005 SP2 this week, and now I am getting the file 'pffilestore.cpp', line 3311, function 'PFFileStore::HandleDataPageFault' error.

In the processing options, I am specifying to "ConvertToUnknown" and "Ignore Errors".

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

|||

You will need to contact Microsoft support (tech support # 1-888-677-9444) to get the hotfix to either bring you to build 2223 if you are using SQL 2005 SP1 or build 3166 if you are using SQL 2005 SP2. If this hotfix does not resolve your issue, because it did not fix the issue for my MDX query that I was running, there is still an open bug SQL BU Defect Tracking #524029.

Here is a link to the knowledge base article for your issue (possibly): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/932610?sd=dell

You might be encountering the open bug though.

|||

I got the same thing today and searched msdn.

MS released 3157 build and it is fixed in that build.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936305/en-us .

You can find 932610.

James B. Lim

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment