Friday, March 30, 2012

internal consistency error

I am getting the following error when I am trying to
restore a database/differential backup. Any ideas about
what is going on ' I can not do DBCC CHECKDB on the
production server. I will do it on the backup server if I
can restore it of course.
An internal consistency error occurred. Contact technical
support for assistance. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating
abnormally.
Thanks.Why can't you run checkdb on your production server?
--
Paul Randal
Dev Lead, Microsoft SQL Server Storage Engine
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Tony" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:f56601c43dca$1cce0b50$a501280a@.phx.gbl...
> I am getting the following error when I am trying to
> restore a database/differential backup. Any ideas about
> what is going on ' I can not do DBCC CHECKDB on the
> production server. I will do it on the backup server if I
> can restore it of course.
> An internal consistency error occurred. Contact technical
> support for assistance. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating
> abnormally.
> Thanks.|||Are you sure that you have a complete, valid .bak file?|||Production database is heavyly transaction oriented and I
don't want to run into performance issues while all the
users are in. The size of the DB is ~45 GB.
Thanks.
>--Original Message--
>Why can't you run checkdb on your production server?
>--
>Paul Randal
>Dev Lead, Microsoft SQL Server Storage Engine
>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
>"Tony" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:f56601c43dca$1cce0b50$a501280a@.phx.gbl...
>> I am getting the following error when I am trying to
>> restore a database/differential backup. Any ideas about
>> what is going on ' I can not do DBCC CHECKDB on the
>> production server. I will do it on the backup server if
I
>> can restore it of course.
>> An internal consistency error occurred. Contact
technical
>> support for assistance. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating
>> abnormally.
>> Thanks.
>
>.
>|||Yes I do. Actually, I am getting the error when I am
restoring the Differential backup. And NO, there is no
other backup after the differential backup.
I have the FULL backup from sunday and the differential
backup from last night. Both backups were completed
successfully.
>--Original Message--
>Are you sure that you have a complete, valid .bak file?
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment