Friday, March 30, 2012

Internal Consistency Error, Restoring Backup

Hello,
I was wondering if any body has come accross this before, and if so could
offer some advice. It's got me scratching my head.
I have a database that is backed up each night using a maintenance plan.
I have come to attempt to restore this database and it always fails with the
following error,
"An internal consistency error occured. Contact technical support for
assistance.
RESTORE DATABASE terminating abnormaly"
No matter which of the 30 odd backups from the last month I try and on any
machine, I always get the same error.
Many thanks in advance for any help offered
Yours hopefully
Chris
chris.roberts@.optima-ws.comYOu should do as the error suggests and call PSS... It is possible your
database has been corrupt for quite some time, and therefore all of your
backups are also corrupt...
"Chris Roberts" <chris.roberts@.optima-ws.com> wrote in message
news:bivr6s$39p$1@.newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hello,
> I was wondering if any body has come accross this before, and if so could
> offer some advice. It's got me scratching my head.
> I have a database that is backed up each night using a maintenance plan.
> I have come to attempt to restore this database and it always fails with
the
> following error,
> "An internal consistency error occured. Contact technical support for
> assistance.
> RESTORE DATABASE terminating abnormaly"
> No matter which of the 30 odd backups from the last month I try and on any
> machine, I always get the same error.
> Many thanks in advance for any help offered
> Yours hopefully
> Chris
> chris.roberts@.optima-ws.com
>|||No sure if it is corrupt, one more bit off info I've found out is that if I
preform a manual backup, it restores OK, it's only when I do a backup from
the maintenance plan that I get this error. It's also the same with all the
databases, not just one
"Wayne Snyder" <wsnyder@.computeredservices.com> wrote in message
news:O3C0XfUcDHA.652@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> YOu should do as the error suggests and call PSS... It is possible your
> database has been corrupt for quite some time, and therefore all of your
> backups are also corrupt...
> "Chris Roberts" <chris.roberts@.optima-ws.com> wrote in message
> news:bivr6s$39p$1@.newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was wondering if any body has come accross this before, and if so
could
> > offer some advice. It's got me scratching my head.
> >
> > I have a database that is backed up each night using a maintenance plan.
> >
> > I have come to attempt to restore this database and it always fails with
> the
> > following error,
> >
> > "An internal consistency error occured. Contact technical support for
> > assistance.
> > RESTORE DATABASE terminating abnormaly"
> >
> > No matter which of the 30 odd backups from the last month I try and on
any
> > machine, I always get the same error.
> >
> > Many thanks in advance for any help offered
> >
> > Yours hopefully
> >
> > Chris
> > chris.roberts@.optima-ws.com
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment