Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Intermittent ole db error

I have this problem occuring intermittently:

When I try to add a package to the project, and click on the Package path button. I get a oledb error x080004005 (client unable to establish connection)...

After I click ok, and click on the Package path again 2 or 3 times, the error goes away and I get the list of packages displayed. Some time I get an empty list box.

Similar to this happens when I execute a package also. When I execute it 2nd or 3 rd time it works fine. The error happens only when I am trying to connect to the server\database. Once it is in the database I do not get any error message.

This is what I have:

I have sql 2005 installed.

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 9.00.1399.00

Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools2005.090.1399.00

Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2000.085.1117.00 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Thank you in advance!!!

Well, what database are you connecting to in your OLE DB connector?|||It should be the msdb database since the ssis packages reside there, right?|||No. What source database are you getting your data from in the data flow?|||

Let me clarify:

I have a project. From the solution explorer window, I right click on "SSIS Packages" and choose "Add Existing Package".

In the window that pops I choose "SQL server" for the "Package Location" and I choose my server name for the "server" and when I click on the button next to the "Package path" I get intermittent ole db errors.

Some times I do not get errors and the list of packages get displayed. Some times it takes one, two or three tries and then I get the list.

Again Thanks for your help.

|||Yes, but what the data flow looks like...what Databases is the apckage using as Source and destination. Also provide the full errror message.|||

There are many packages(about 20) in the server and each package uses different databases in that server. In the problem I explained before I have not yet connected to any package. I am just trying to add a package to my project.

For Example, some package is used to bulk insert a file to a table and for that package source is the "flat file" and the destination is a "Native ole db\sql native client". Again, my problem is not executing the package. The intermittent problem is adding the package to my project.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment