Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Intermittent Drill down Problems

I have a report deployed to dev server with a drill down that works
fine. I deployed the same report to the prod server with the same
configuration and I'm getting intermittent problems with the drill
down, it works fine on one users machine, on another when you click the
+, the screen just refreshes and jumps to about the middle of the page.
It does this everytime you try to drill down. Now here is the kicker
the same user can then point at the dev server and the report works
fine. Ive searched this site and at MS all day and can't find a
solution. I appreciate any advice any of you folks might have.
PS I set the logging to Vebose and it didn't tell me anything.
ThanksAlthough I have never seen this... Check all of the Reporting Services Logs
to see if there is anything wierd in there..
Also do a thorough comparison between the Internet Explorer Versions, and
settings between the 2 machines...
Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Mariner, Charlotte, NC
www.mariner-usa.com
(Please respond only to the newsgroups.)
I support the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS) and it's
community of SQL Server professionals.
www.sqlpass.org
<Matt.Beagle@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1126126082.059835.136910@.o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>I have a report deployed to dev server with a drill down that works
> fine. I deployed the same report to the prod server with the same
> configuration and I'm getting intermittent problems with the drill
> down, it works fine on one users machine, on another when you click the
> +, the screen just refreshes and jumps to about the middle of the page.
> It does this everytime you try to drill down. Now here is the kicker
> the same user can then point at the dev server and the report works
> fine. Ive searched this site and at MS all day and can't find a
> solution. I appreciate any advice any of you folks might have.
> PS I set the logging to Vebose and it didn't tell me anything.
> Thanks
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment